“Do not look where you fell, but where you slipped”
I am a Family & Systemic Psychotherapist.
I have over 28 years experience of working within therapeutic environments, covering a range of roles.
Family & Systemic Psychotherapy with Tony Charles
To help you make sense of my experiences, and part of what informs my daily practice, my way of being, I offer a list of some of my various roles, and environments, I’ve been part of over the years:
- Residential Social Worker, within specialist children’s homes and assessment centres.
- Mobile Intervention Team (Youth Offending Team) – Within a specialist team set up to work with youth gangs and their families.
- Mind – Adult mental health service.
- Face 2 Face – young people’s therapeutic services.
- Private practice (therapeutic sessions for individuals, couples, families, groups).
- Social Care – covering a range of service areas (Children in Need, Looked after Children, Leaving Care service, Edge of care – Rapid Response), offering clinical support.
- Tony Charles Clinical Consultancy LTD – agent of co-creating a space for change. Providing support to businesses, organisations, going through a transformation process, enabling
- Social Enterprise – Various locations within inner city London areas and across the UK, introducing the usefulness of systemic ideas within social care environments, via consultations, facilitating training, reflective group consultations and clinical sessions.
- Child and adolescent mental health services (CAMHS).
- Group Reflective Consultation / Supervision.
- Lead Clinician (Teaching) – The Centre for Systemic Social Work (CfSSW).
Working within these various environments, embracing a number of roles, has been a significant contribution to the person, the professional I am today, enabling me to offer clients a bespoke service.
Areas I work with:
With my private practice, I offer sessions to adults, individuals, couples and families, children, young people, working with a range of difficulties and dilemmas. This is not an exhaustive list….
- Anger management
- Family Issues
- Relationship Issues
- Self esteem, self worth
- Separation / divorce
- Cultural Issues
- Eating disorders
- Personal development
- Self Harming behaviour
- Work related stress
Psychotherapy Qualifications and Training:
- MSc Family & Systemic Psychotherapy
- Adv PG Dip Humanistic Integrative Counselling
- Models of Brief Intervention in Therapeutic Work with Adolescents
- Working With Gangs – Exploration of Gang Dynamics
- Motivational Interviewing – For young people resistant to change
- Compassion Focus Therapy
- UKCP (UK Council for Psychotherapy)
- BAATN (The Black, African and Asian Therapy Network)
- AFT (Association of Family Therapy and Systemic Practice)
I am bound by its Ethical Framework for Good Practice in Counselling and Psychotherapy and subject to the Professional Conduct Procedure therein.
You can either call or email me. I’m happy to have an informal chat on the phone and to answer any questions
For face to face sessions, the fee is:
50 mins Individual session – £75
60 mins Couples session – £95
60 mins family session – £110