I am a UKCP accredited psychotherapist and have been in practice for over twenty years. I work with individuals and couples and run groups periodically.
I have a humanistic and integrative training and I am a graduate of Spectrum, a centre for Humanistic Psychotherapy in Finsbury Park, North London. I engage in regular professional development opportunities and believe that there is always more to learn.
Psychotherapy with Saul de Groen
My goal each time I sit with people is to bring warmth, honesty, directness, presence and humour to our work together. Life needn’t be heavy. Our past and present, however bleak is an opportunity to create a lighter present and a brighter future and each of us have the power to manifest this at any given moment.
I don’t work with issues; I work with people. Issues are merely a springboard and opportunity toward a richer, deeper and ultimately more satisfying relationship with self and other.
So, whatever is irking you, whatever has prompted you to reach out, I’d be honoured to accompany you on your journey.
Some of my core beliefs:
- The opposite of personal growth is deadness.
- Personal responsibility is the gateway to freedom.
- Setting appropriate boundaries is an essential part of what it means to be adult.
- The therapeutic process is the journey from reacting to acting.
- Finding the correct words for our experience and expressing them is vital for our wellbeing.
- The one relationship we can’t leave is the one with ourselves, so we may as well make it as beautiful as we can.
- Laughter is the best medicine.
- We all have the capacity for wholeness.
- In order to receive love and give love with authenticity, we have to know love in ourselves and for ourselves first and foremost.
Areas I work with
Special interests of mine include:
- Integrative health – body, mind and spirit
- Re-parenting techniques – (embodying ideal rather than actual parents)
- The creative process
- Mindfulness and meditation
- The healing power of nature
- Meaning and soul-purpose
- Building a healthy relationship with Anger
If what you have read speaks to your heart, feel free to contact me and let’s find out if working together would work.
Psychotherapy Training, Qualifications and Experience history:
I am a UKCP Accredited Psychotherapist and Counsellor and abide by their code of ethics.
I am a Graduate of Spectrum – a centre for Humanistic and Integrative Psychotherapy in Finsbury Park. This was a training over 6 years.
BSC in Textile Design
You can either call or email me. I’m happy to talk on the telephone about any concerns or questions you may have about the process.
£80 for individuals (50 minute session)
£90 for couples (1 hour session)